A- / A+

Grey County operates three long-term care homes across the County; Grey Gables in Markdale, Lee Manor in Owen Sound and Rockwood Terrace in Durham.

We are passionate about providing the highest quality service for our residents and each home is dedicated to ensuring that Grey County’s tagline – “Colour It Your Way” is the foundation of all care and service. We collaborate with those who live and work in our homes, our volunteers, families and community partners to provide care and service that focus on optimizing life purpose.

We strive every day to enrich the quality of life for residents by providing exceptional care and service. Our mission “to help you colour your life your way” sets the standard for the values within each home. We commit to “Colour It” through:Grey Gables Residents Holding \"We Color It\" Letters

  • Community
  • Opportunity
  • Leadership
  • Organizational Quality & Safety
  • U are the Centre of All We Do
  • Respect
  • Integrity
  • Together for Tomorrow

How do I move into a Long Term Care Home?

Your local Community Care Access Centre will assess your needs and manage the application process. To find more information visit their website: http://healthcareathome.ca/ or call 310-CCAC (2222)

How much does it cost to live in a Long Term Care Home?

Rates for long term care are established by the provincial government and they cover the cost of things like care, food and programming. The resident/family is responsible for a co-payment for accommodation. Based on the individual’s income, subsidization may be available for basic accommodation.

You can find the current rates on the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care website: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/

What kinds of services are available at a Long Term Care Home?

The following services are available in a Long Term Care Home:

  • 24-hour nursing and personal care
  • Access to a variety of health professionals.
  • Nutritious meals and snacks (including special diets)
  • Social and recreational programs
  • Assistance with personal care
  • Housekeeping and laundry service

There are also a variety of optional services available at an additional cost, such as hairdressing, dentist, foot care, cable TV, telephone and transportation.

What kind of accommodation is available?

There is a variety of private and shared rooms. If you like having your own space, a private room might be your preference. Private rooms are more spacious than shared ones.

If you enjoy having a roommate, a shared room may suit. Shared rooms are more affordable. There are two types of shared rooms: semi-private and basic.

What do I need to bring to furnish my room?

We provide bedroom furnishings including a bed, bedside table and chair and all linens.

We encourage residents to bring pictures and other personal items. If you are unsure whether a personal item will fit safely in the room, please speak with a member of the leadership team before you make arrangements to have it moved in.

How do I arrange a tour?

Please contact the home directly.

I have a question that hasn’t been answered.

For more information contact ltcfeedback@grey.ca

We're Currently Hiring!


Jennifer Cornell
Director of Long Term Care
Renate Cowan
Accreditation and Quality Specialist
Denna Leach
Clinical Specialist
Stacey Goldie
Lee Manor - Executive Director
Karen Kraus
Rockwood Terrace - Executive Director
Shannon Cox
Grey Gables - Executive Director
Sheri Murphy
Support Services and Educational Lead
Scott Mackey
County Councillor -Committee of Management Chair