Official Plan and Policies
Grey County’s official plan, called Recolour Grey, helps Grey County set goals related to development, communities, and our natural resources. On this page you will also find information relating to other planning related policies.
What is Recolour Grey?
Grey County’s official plan, called Recolour Grey, helps Grey County set goals related to development, communities, and our natural resources. Recolour Grey was fully approved in 2019 following multiple years of public engagement, research, and consultation.
Official plans primarily deal with:
- where new housing, industry, shows and office will be located
- what services and infrastructure is need, such as roads, greenspace and utilities
- what areas of communities will grow
- community improvement initiatives
- protection of areas of important natural areas
Official Plan Documents
You can also view the Official Plan schedules on our interactive map.
Official Plan Amendment
Grey County has initiated an amendment to our County Official Plan, Recolour Grey, to update our residential and employment growth forecasts, and other housekeeping matters. You can view more details on the Official Plan Amendment Special Projects page.
Key Themes of Recolour Grey
Five key themes were identified through the development of Recolour Grey:
- Move Grey – Looking at how we move people, goods, information and services throughout the County.
- Cultivate Grey – Understanding the rural and agricultural areas outside of our cities, towns and villages.
- Develop Grey – Focusing on our primary settlement areas within our cities, towns, villages and areas along the shoreline and ski hills.
- Live Grey – Capturing the key areas that influence living standards and quality of life in Grey County.
- Natural Grey – Concentrating on the natural environment, climate change, and our plant and wildlife species.
You can find the five Recolour Grey discussion papers below.