A- / A+
Grey County Child Care Map
Looking for licensed Child Care?
Grey County Child Care Locations
Child playing with blocks
Looking for EarlyON Information?
NEWS - March 29, 2022

The Province of Ontario and the Federal Government of Canada have recently announced an agreement that will provide more sustainable and affordable child care to families.  Grey County is working with the Ministry of Education to better understand the announcement and impact on our licensed child care operators and families. More information will be provided when it is available. 

Please click the button below to download the announcement letter from the Ministry of Education.

Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care Letter

Grey County Children’s Service offers programs, subsidies and information for parents and a range of supports for agencies and child care providers.  

Fee subsidy is available in either a licensed Home Child Care and /or Child Care Centres programs. The subsidy program is offered to eligible families and caregivers in need to make child care more affordable. Additional information on applying and eligibility criteria for subsidized child care is available in the Fee Subsidy section below. 

Child Care Programs are managed by Grey County Children’s Service and licensed by the Ministry of Education  to ensure programs continue to meet provincial standards.   

EarlyON Child and Family Centres are community hubs where parents, caregivers and children can start marking connections and building relationships that are essential to realizing a child's full potential.  EarlyON Centres can helps families and caregivers find programs where they can learn, grow and connect together.


Home Child Care

Licensed home child care provides families with a variety of childcare options, eg. full/part-time, shift-work, overnight and evening care for up to 6 children.  The home child care program strives to offer high quality care, nutritious meals and snacks, and learning opportunities for providers.  

Grey County Children’s Services is licensed annually by the Ministry of Education to support the home child care program.

Grey County Children’s Services carefully screens and selects potential providers.  Once their home has been approved, our Home Child Care Workers monitor the homes to ensure the provider continues to meet the standards of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Grey County’s policies and procedures.

Becoming a Provider

Grey County Children’s Services home child care program is licensed by the Ministry of Education.  Grey County home child care providers have an advantage of ongoing support of qualified staff to help provide the highest quality child care program and have training opportunities in child care related topics.  Providers are carefully selected and visited regularly to ensure that they meet government standards for quality programs and safety.

Home child care providers are self-employed contracted to Grey County Children’s Services to provide child care in your own home. By agreeing to become a home child care provider for the County of Grey, you will be required to adhere to the policies and procedure approved by Grey County Children’s Services and requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. 


Fee Subsidy

To qualify for fee subsidy you must demonstrate a financial need and a reason for child care.  Families must have an up-to-date copy of the Notice of Assessment or Canada Child Benefit Notice.  An income test application will be completed by a Children's Services Worker using a copy of your tax information (line 236) and signing the Fee Subsidy Agreement.  The application will determine your portion of child care cost.  

Please be advised that your eligibility for child care fee subsidy must be confirmed by the Children's Services Worker prior to your child starting care.  Should you choose to start your child prior to approval for child care fee subsidy being issued, you will be responsible for full fees during that time.

It is your responsibility to immediately advise your Children’s Services Worker if there are any changes in your situation to continue receiving fee subsidy.

Eligibility Criteria

  • You must be a resident of Grey County.
  • You and your spouse/partner (if applicable) must file an income tax return every year to continue being eligible for subsidy.  The most current income tax information is required to maintain your subsidy.
  • Parent(s) must be working, attending school, training or skill upgrading courses.   If parents are attending school, a course schedule is required to verify the approved days of care.
  • Written referrals from Public Health, Keystone Child, Youth & Family Services, Bruce Grey Child and Family Services to support why this service is required.

Click here to check potential subsidy assistance

Click here to Apply Online

Annual File Review

At least once a year you will be required to meet with a Children’s Services Worker to update your file with current information and signatures.  Your file must be kept up-to-date to be eligible for subsidy.  It is important you respond to all correspondence and other request.

To book an appointment with one of our Children’s Services Workers, please call 376-7112 ext. 1334.

Ontario Works Child Care Assistance

If you are in receipt of Ontario Works and have children under the age of 12 years, Ontario Works may be able to assist with your child care expenses.  It is very important to discuss with your caseworker the type of care which is best for you and your child, as well as how Ontario Works can assist with this expense to help support you in your plan towards independence.

There are two types of child care:

Formal - is provided by a child care facility or a home child care provider licensed under the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. There is no maximum cost which may be provided. 

Informal - is provided by a person who is not licensed (ie. a relative, neighbour, etc). The maximum amount of the childcare deduction is the actual amount paid up to $600.00 per month for each dependent child.

Contact your Ontario Works caseworker if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child care needs. 

Phone (519) 376-7112

General e-mail:  ssinquiriesemail@grey.ca

Grey County Ontario Works

Support Services

Keystone - Child, Youth & Family Services

Provides counseling services to children and their families. 
Owen Sound   (519) 371-4773 / 1-800-567-2384

Grey Bruce Health Unit

Services provided include information, and/or consultation re: parenting, growth, and development, healthy lifestyles and environments. Healthy Babies/Healthy Children, Early Identification program.  

Durham  (519) 369-3318
Flesherton  (519) 924-2420
Owen Sound  (519) 376-9420

Community Living Owen Sound & District

Provides support, advocacy and planning services for developmentally delayed individuals and their families. Owen Sound - 371-9251

Beaver Valley Outreach

Community based organization that includes information, referrals and support groups. 
Clarksburg  (519) 599-2577

Bruce Grey Child & Family Services (formerly Children's Aid Society)

Toll Free: 1-855-322-4453
Local:  1-519-371-4453

Bruce Grey Child & Family Services is a team of child protection workers, child and youth workers, lawyers, support and administrative staff working together and in partnership with the community to help families to keep children safe and well.

Monthly Parental Contribution Requirement Calculator

Use this subsidy calculator to determine your monthly contribution amount for child care subsidy assistance. Please note that this calculator tool is only a guidance and is subject to change during the childcare subsidy application process.​​

Do not include a "$" sign when you enter line 236 of your Notice of Assessment.


Julie Rourke
Children's Services Team Assistant
Katie Starzecki
Children's Services Financial Assessment Worker
Contact for information regarding fee subsidy
Lori Fraser
Children's Services Home Child Care Worker
Contact for information regarding the Home Child Care program
Susan Williams
Children's Services Home Child Care Worker
Contact for information regarding the Home Child Care program
Shannon O'Connor
EarlyON Educator
Contact for information regarding EarlyON programming
Kim Scott
EarlyON Educator
Contact for information regarding EarlyON programming
Jill Smith
Children's Services Program Supervisor
Kristen Salisbury
Children's Services Program Supervisor
Ashley Barfoot
Children's Services Program Supervisor
Tara Cockerill
Children's Services Manager