Financial and Employment Assistance
Ontario Works is an employment program which provides financial assistance to eligible individuals and families. The intent of the Ontario Works program is to help people in temporary financial need find sustainable employment and achieve self-reliance through the provision of effective, integrated employment services and financial assistance.
Every person has the right to an application. Eligibility is determined by the person or family's individual financial (ie: assets and income) and employment (ie: training, lay off, etc.) circumstances.
When an application has been approved, Ontario Works clients continue to receive financial assistance as they work toward their employment goals. The amount of assistance depends on the family size, composition and income.
If an applicant is found ineligible for assistance or if a client disagrees with the amount of assistance provided, they have a right to appeal the decision. The applicant or client is advised of the decision and the reason for ineligibility in writing.
211 (Local Services)
211 helps people find services in their community. In Canada, 211 offers live answer service 24/7. The number is free to call and interpreters are available in more than 170 languages.
Durham - Satellite Office
Durham Resource Centre
575 Saddler Street East
Durham ON N0G 1R0
Hanover - Satellite Office
286 - 10th Street
Hanover ON N4N 1P2
Markdale - Satellite Office
Grey Gables Nursing Home
206 Toronto Street South
Markdale ON N0C 1H
Owen Sound - Satellite Office
Unit 3 - 888 Alpha Street, Owen Sound
Park in the parking lot beside the old Medical Centre; walk towards the back of the property towards the park. Unit 888 is located in the units facing north and south.
Available Dates in July - 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Friday - July 11
Friday - July 18
Friday - July 25
Meaford - Satellite Office
Victoria Village Resource Centre
Unit 3, 80 Victoria Street, Meaford
Available Dates in 2016
Tuesdays - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Thursdays - 9:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Vision Mission and Values
“A client centered organization building brighter futures”
“We will deliver effective employment, financial and children’s services so that individuals and families are encouraged and empowered to overcome challenges and move toward greater self sufficiency”
- Operate as a client-centered organization.
- Develop and promote community partnerships to broaden client opportunities.
- Communicate and problem solve in an open, constructive and timely manner.
- Promote dignity and independence through respect and mutual responsibility.
- Involve staff, clients and community effectively in the decision making process.
- Strive for consistency and fairness within our working relationships in a manner which is considerate of individual needs.
- Acknowledge and value innovation and contributions of all.
- Foster an environment of learning and development.
- Respect the need for work and life balance.
- Model excellence in public service.
- Advocate on behalf of clients who are least able to obtain supports on their own.