Grey County Council met on Thursday, September 28 at 9:30 a.m. in the council chambers. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council adopted the minutes of the September 14 county council and committee of the whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council adopted the July 19 and July 28 Board of Health minutes.
- Warden Barfoot provided a verbal updated about the status of the Health Unit roof. Replacement is needed and the project will include an extended warranty.
Committee of the Whole
- Grey Roots Museum and Archives has launched a new, more visitor-friendly website. The new site is now responsive to work with phones and tablets. www.greyroots.com
- SWIFT CEO Geoff Hogan updated council on the SWIFT project. Mr. Hogan also discussed benefits and options for municipalities dedicating more funding to broadband and working with SWIFT.
- Grey County is extending funding for child care fee subsidies. Sixty-seven per cent of eligible families (699 children) will be eligible for more of a subsidy beginning November 1. Report
- Brick piers need to be replaced at a housing property in Dundalk. The project will be completed in 2018. Report
- Council approved redline revisions for a development in the Town of The Blue Mountains known as Second Nature. Addendum
- Grey County will purchase a smaller grader for summer road maintenance. A smaller grader will be more effective for shoulder maintenance. Report
- Grey County reviewed speed limits on sections of Grey Road 30, Grey Road 32 and Grey Road 119. The speed limits will be reduced from 80km/h to 60km/h to address concerns. Grey County will also address areas where parking is a concern on Grey Road 1, Grey Road 2, and Grey Road 13 (Bruce Street in Thornbury). The County will also restrict parking on Grey Road 124 (near the intersection of Grey Road 4) during the winter. Report
- The committee of management meeting minutes of September 12 were approved. Minutes
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.