Grey County Council met virtually on Thursday, September 24 at 9:30 a.m. for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the September 10 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
Committee of the Whole
- After a closed session, Warden McQueen announced that Grey County and the Saugeen Ojibway Nation (SON) have reached an agreement settling Grey County’s involvement in SON’s land claim relating to parts of the Saugeen (Bruce) Peninsula. The settlement includes the transfer of the Mountain Lake forest property. Media Release
- Council voted to move the start time for County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings to 10:00 a.m. This will take effect at the next County Council and Committee of the Whole meeting.
- Emerging trends show the COVID-19 pandemic will have an impact on Grey County’s population growth. Grey County is currently working with consultants on a Growth Management Study. Council voted to include COVID-19 impacts into this project.
- Council heard a delegation from the Blue Mountain Community Church requesting a setback exemption for an addition on the church. A report will be prepared for a future meeting for Council’s consideration. Presentation
- The County is partnering with students from University of Toronto Masters of Science in Planning program to undertake a study on downtown living opportunities in Grey County. The ‘Living on Main Street’ study is being completed as part of the students’ course work for their Masters in Planning, and will benefit the County and member municipalities. Report
- Council supported updates to the County’s traffic and parking by-law. The updates include changes to speed limits to improve safety, community safety zones, and additional ‘no parking’ zones in problematic locations on Grey Road 1 and Grey Road 2. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.