Grey County Council met on Thursday, September 13 at 9:30 a.m. in the Barn at Grey Roots Museum. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Because this meeting was held off site, no recording is available. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Council accepted the minutes of the August 9 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the August 2018 Board of Health report and minutes from the July 27 Board meeting. Report Minutes..
Committee of the Whole
- Grey County will continue the Highway 10 Movin’GB pilot until the end of the year or until a decision is made by the Province on the Community Transportation Fund. Council believes it is important to maintain this service for the riders who rely on it to get to appointments and services along the Highway 10 corridor. Grey County was approved for $1.85 million through the Community Transportation Fund earlier this year however, the new provincial government is currently reviewing this program and funds have not been released. Grey County has been covering the cost of the pilot since April 1. Report
- Council heard an update about the Co-Investment Fund through the National Housing Strategy. This fund provides low interest loans to municipalities, non-profits and private businesses for the development of affordable housing. Grey County staff will ensure parties interested in building affordable housing are aware of this program. Report
- Grey County will provide a $52,272 grant in lieu of development charges for two affordable housing builds totalling 14 units in Owen Sound. Report
- Council approved a draft plan of subdivision for the 211 unit Parkbridge Craigleith development in the Town of the Blue Mountains. Report
- Grey County is seeing high levels of residential growth in some areas which is putting a high demand on local water and wastewater services. Council approved a policy change that will provide more flexibility to member municipalities in the timing of service allocations in the subdivision and condominium approval process. Staff will continue to consult with local municipal staff before making recommendations to council. Report
- Council approved an addendum to the Stonebrook Phase 2 Plan of Subdivision in Grey Highlands. Addendum
- Council received a plan of subdivision for a 54-unit townhouse development in Grey Highlands (Stonebrook Phase 3). Report
- Council approved the combination of two Town of the Blue Mountains draft approved condominium plans (Delphi Court and Neighborhoods at Delphi Point) into one plan. Report
- Grey County will move forward with a public meeting for an official plan amendment to allow for the development of a new winery in Meaford. Report
Good News and Celebrations
- There are many activities in West Grey this weekend. The Neustadt Fall Fair starts on Friday night, Saturday is the Firemen’s Truck pull in Durham and Sunday is the Terry Fox Run.
- The Councours d’Elegance is this weekend at Cobble Beach. It is one of our areas biggest and fastest growing events.
- The Feversham and Rocklyn fall fairs are this weekend.
- Wednesday, September 26 is the Seniors’ Expo at the Holstein Optimist Club.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.