Grey County Council met on Thursday, September 12 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council learned about the audiovisual system recently installed in the council chamber. Accessibility in the room has been greatly improved along with the quality of council video recordings.
- Council accepted the minutes of the August 8 Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the August 13 Long-Term Care Committee of Management meeting. Minutes
- Dr. Arra provided an update from the Board of Health regarding their service review and new statistics on opioids. August Board Report Minutes
Committee of the Whole
- Grey County’s integrity commissioner, Principles Integrity, provided council with an updated Code of Conduct and the Integrity Commissioner’s Annual Report. This document outlines the rules councillors must follow, how formal complaints will be handled and more. Code of Conduct Report Annual Report
- Grey County has been working with local municipal fire services on an approach to improve fire communications throughout the County. An upgraded communications network will improve interoperability between services and safety of first responders. Council voted to issue a request for proposal for sourcing infrastructure and services for the project. Report
- Council heard a request for engine break signage in Singhampton.
- Council heard a report for the legal services department highlighting accomplishments from the last year and plans for next year. Report
- Council passed a motion to close paved shoulders to bicycles from October 15 to April 15 each year. The motion is necessary because paved shoulders can’t be easily maintained to the required safety levels during the winter. Report
- Council approved proposed new policies to the Town of the Blue Mountains Official Plan around short-term accommodations. Report
Good News and Celebrations
- The Prime Minister recently visited Grey County, arriving to the area via the Wiarton-Keppel International Airport.
- Ribfest is coming to Owen Sound this weekend.
- The Beaver Valley Fall Fair was a great event last weekend in the Town of the Blue Mountains.
- This weekend is the annual Concours d’Elegance at Cobble Beach.
- West Grey’s final fall fair is this weekend.
- Grey Highlands received the PK Marshall Award this year at AMO for their new public engagement app.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.