Grey County Council met on Thursday, November 9 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers. This was the first meeting in the new Council Chambers. The new room provides more public space and is part of the larger Administration Building addition that is nearly complete. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council adopted the minutes of the October 26 county council and committee of the whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council adopted multiple sets of minutes from the Board of Health.
Committee of the Whole
- Representatives for the Local Health Integration Network updated council on residential hospice and their goals for the future. Presentation
- Council heard details of Bill 148, proposed legislation that will raise minimum wage and provides many other changes to employee pay and benefits. Staff outlined the financial impacts of the proposed legislation on Grey County. The biggest impact would come from additional pay for on-call staff. Report
- Council received a background report on the 2018 budget. The proposed budget will maintain service levels and increase resources where they are needed most. The current proposal is a 0.83% increase. Council’s first budget meeting will be on December 7. Report
- A long-term care redevelopment proposal was received and will be directed to the Long-Term Care Committee of Management. Report
- Grey County will expand Children’s Services by adding three contract staff to improve service levels. These positions will be funded through resources provided by the Ministry of Education and the Government of Canada. Report
- In 2018 Grey County will implement a post-traumatic stress disorder wellness program for paramedics. The County will send a letter to the Ministry of Health requesting start-up and ongoing funding for prevention and wellness programs. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.