November 23 Council Highlights
Grey County Council met on November 23, 2023, in the Council Chamber and virtually on Zoom. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Recordings of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the November 9 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the November 3 pre-budget workshop. Minutes
- Council accepted the minutes of the November 14 Long-Term Care Committee of Management meeting. Minutes
- Council received the September 13 Board of Heath minutes. Dr. Ian Arra provided council with a verbal update on local vaccine rollouts and provincial funding for health units being held at a 1% increase yearly for the next three years. Minutes
- Grey County recognized area farmer, volunteer, and President of Grey Agricultural Services, Ray Robertson for his recent induction into the Canadian Agriculture Hall of Fame. Information and Induction Video
Committee of the Whole
- Council received an update on the Provincial Offences Court. Grey County manages the court for both Grey and Bruce counties. Administration includes processing tickets, court scheduling, in-court operations, fine payment, and defaulted fine collections and enforcement. A lack of Justices of the Peace is limiting the court time available in Grey and Bruce counties. Processes have been updated to adapt to these changes and other user preferences. Report
- Council discussed the minutes of the November 14 Community Services Committee. Council discussed requests for support from the Women’s Centre Grey Bruce and Grey Bruce Hospice Inc. (Chapman House). Council voted to support $26,000 in funding for the Women’s Centre in 2023. Ongoing funding of $10,000 per year for three years for the hospice will be considered by Council with the 2024 budget discussions in December as part of health care initiative funding. Minutes
- Warden Brian Milne read his 2023 Warden’s Closing Address. Address
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.