Grey County Council met on Tuesday, November 1, at 10:00 a.m. in the Council Chamber. Below are highlights from the meeting.
- The Grey Bruce Task Force on Crystal Meth and Other Drugs updated County Council on their work and future strategic direction.
- Grey County will consider funding $200,000 to the Residential Hospice of Grey Bruce as part of the 2017 budget. Report
- The 2016-2020 Grey Roots Strategic Plan was received by Council. This plan focuses on:
- Collections and research
- Visitor Experience
- Moreston Heritage Village
- Communications, Marketing Sponsorship and Fundraising Report
- A local ATV club requested more ATV access to the CP Rail Trail. Council will wait until the Recreational Trails Strategy is complete before making a decision. Report
- Rural residents pay higher hydro distribution charges than urban residents. Grey County is asking the Province to come up with a structure that is fair to all residents. Committee Minutes
- Council received draft budgets for all four committees. The budgets will be considered as part of the complete corporate budget on November 22, 2016. Social Services Corporate Services Planning and Community Development Transportation and Public Safety - Transportation Paramedic Services
- Grey County recently completed a review of Children’s Services programs. An action plan will be developed to fulfil recommendations of the review. Report
- Grey County will support two proposals from Owen Sound Housing Company Limited and Community Living Owen Sound and District to build affordable housing. Funding will come through the Investment in Affordable Housing and Social Housing Infrastructure Fund. Report
- Grey County and the Town of the Blue Mountains will share the sand/salt dome located on Grey Road 40. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.