Grey County Council met on May 26, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. in the Council Chamber and virtually through Zoom. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Recordings of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the May 12 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
Committee of the Whole
- Council supported a draft expropriation process. This process will be used when Grey County needs to acquire land for projects that are in the best interest of the public but cannot negotiate a land sale with a property owner. In this event, the property would be assessed, and a fair market value would be paid. An example of when the expropriation process may be used is for acquiring land to widen a road and ditch. Expropriation is regulated by the Expropriations Act. Report
- Grey County is buying new technology to help index the condition of roads and road signs. These new devices will be installed in trucks and will use cameras and artificial intelligence to automatically collect data while driving. The information collected will help roads staff manage maintenance and repair of roads and signage. Report
- Council discussed potential delegations for the annual Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) conference taking place in August. Requests will be submitted for the following topics:
- funding to increase the availability of supportive housing
- additional funding to address homelessness
- reconsideration of infection prevention and control specialist requirements in the Fixing Long-Term Care Act
- removing the provincial tax for fuel used in transit vehicles
- additional funding for community transit
- discussing broadband infrastructure
- access to licensed child care and wage enhancement for ECEs
- the impact of fertilizer tariffs on agriculture
- additional tools for municipalities to help achieve attainable housing goals
- Grey County Clerk Heather Morrison thanked Council and staff for their support over her career. Ms. Morrison is retiring after 32 years with Grey County.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.