Grey County Council met on Thursday, May 25 at 9:00 a.m. in the council chamber. The council meeting was followed by a session of committee of the whole.
Grey County has been piloting a committee of the whole meeting structure and at this meeting voted to continue with this structure and schedule moving forward.
Committee of the Whole
- Council heard three public deputations regarding the long term care review.
- Council held a recorded vote and made the decision to build a new 166-bed long term care home in Durham. Beds from Grey Gables and Rockwood Terrace will be combined at the new home. Grey County will also pursue hiring a management company to help with redevelopment plans and oversee the day-to-day operations of all County-owned homes. The County will work with the private sector to convert Grey Gables to an assisted living and memory care facility. Report Information Report
- A community paramedicine program will be back up and running in Grey County in mid-June. Report
- Grey County’s 2016 financial audit has been completed and auditors presented their report. Report
- The 2016 Housing and Homelessness report was received. Report Document
- Grey County is postponing construction of a Chatsworth ambulance base after tenders came in above budget. Staff will reevaluate plans and work with the transportation services department to create a new plan. The project will be presented again in the 2018 budget. Report
- Grey County will continue with a Committee of the Whole structure. Meeting will be generally held on the second and fourth Thursday’s of each month and the start times will be changed to 9:30a.m. beginning in July. Report
- Grant funding was received for specialized artefact storage at Grey Roots. Report
- Council accepted new tax capping limits. Report
Reports presented during committee of the whole are discussed by all members of Grey County Council for direction and endorsement. Resolutions passed during committee of the whole will be presented as meeting minutes at the next session of Grey County Council. Here they are formally endorsed and come into effect.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.