Grey County Council met virtually on Thursday, May 14 at 9:30 a.m. for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the April 23 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the April Board of Health report and the minutes of the February 19 Board of Health meeting. Minutes Report
- Council passed by-laws setting the 2020 tax ratios. By-laws
Committee of the Whole
- Council supported a resolution from the Township of Mapleton requesting the Province review the Farm Property Tax Class Rate Program.
- Grey County will provide SWIFT with a loan guarantee to allow the rural broadband project to advance. SWIFT is required to cover the upfront costs of the project which will be reimbursed by the federal and provincial governments once work is complete. Report
- Grey County has been distributing Social Services Relief Funding to help prevent homelessness during the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff presented a report outlining the plans for $1.15 million to support services like hunger relief, housing supports and more. Report
- Planning staff outlined recent changes to The Planning Act and explained how planning matters, including public meetings, will continue to be handled during the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff are using new technologies, including an online planning application tracking program, to continue to progress business. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.