Grey County Council met virtually on May 13, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the April 22, 2021 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the May 6, 2021 Long-Term Care Redevelopment Task Force meeting, including the endorsement of the LTC Redevelopment Project Management Services contract to Colliers Project Leaders Inc. Minutes
- Council received Board of Health minutes and associated reports for meetings from March 19 through April 16. Dr. Arra discussed the pause of the Astra Zeneca vaccine and clarified it should not impact our vaccine rollout locally. Minutes
- Council moved to defer discussion of By-law 5112-21 Cancellation of Tax Increases for the Purposes of Relieving Financial Hardship to the May 27 meeting and moved to approve by-laws 5113-21, 5114-21, and 5115-21.
Committee of the Whole
- Council heard a presentation from Gemma Mendez Smith, Executive Director of the Four County Labour Market Planning Board, providing an overview of the local labour market, partnerships, and potential training programs. Presentation
- Council received a report from Anne Marie Shaw, Director of Housing for Grey County, on the Housing and Homelessness Plan for 2020-21, providing details on the status of the Grey County Housing Waitlist, the emergency housing system, and plans for new housing developments.
- Council received the following consent agenda items:
- A letter from Premier Doug Ford thanking Grey County for assisting with the development of reopening guidelines for Ontario’s ski industry
- A press release announcing the newly incorporated Grey County Black Heritage Society
- A plan from Skydevco regarding a condominium development in Meaford
- A staff report for the Grey County and Owen Sound Housing Corporation
- Council passed a resolution to support delegation requests as provided by Kim Wingrove, Grey County CAO, to the Association of Municipalities Conference.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.