Grey County Council met on Thursday, May 11 at 9:00 a.m. in the council chamber. The council meeting was followed by a session of committee of the whole.
Grey County is piloting a committee of the whole meeting structure until June, 2017. Highlights of the day’s meetings are below.
- Council adopted the meeting minutes from April 27, 2017 and from the Warden’s Forum on April 20, 2017. Council Committee of the Whole Warden’s Forum
- Council adopted the Board of Health Minutes from March 24 and April 21. March 24 Minutes April 21 Minutes
Committee of the Whole
Reports presented during Committee of the Whole are discussed by all members of Grey County Council for direction and endorsement. Resolutions passed at Committee of the Whole will be presented at the next session of Grey County Council where they will be formally endorsed and come into effect.
- A staff report from March 23 recommending Grey County build a 166-bed long term care home in Durham was deferred to May 25. Report
- Grey County staff shared public feedback from the long term care review and provided council with new information about the challenges and costs of operating three long term care homes. Report
- A second staff report summarized details of the CBRE valuation report. This report concludes there is a high demand for assisted living and memory care services in southeastern Grey County and there is a strong business case for a private operator to buy the property to provide services. The redacted CBRE report is attached to the report.
- Grey County will give $2,000 to each local municipality to support Canada 150 celebrations.
- Council endorsed a draft terms of reference for the Grey County/The Blue Mountains Task Force. Warden Barfoot, and councillors Boddy, Hicks and Eccles will sit on the task force for Grey County. Report
- County Council received a status update on Recolour Grey, the five-year review of the official plan. Staff highlighted their involvement at public events and summarized the feedback and comments received. Council supported the recommendation to create a new official plan. Report
- A contract will be awarded to replace the deficient roof on the existing portion of the administration building. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.