Grey County Council met on Thursday, March 23 at 9:00 a.m. in the council chamber. The council meeting was followed by a session of committee of the whole.
Grey County is piloting a committee of the whole meeting structure until June, 2017. Highlights of the day’s meetings are below.
- Council adopted the meeting minutes from March 9. Council Committee
- Council adopted an emergency management by-law. By-law
Committee of the Whole
Reports presented during Committee of the Whole are discussed by all members of Grey County Council for direction and endorsement. Resolutions passed at Committee of the Whole will be presented at the next session of Grey County Council where they will be formally endorsed and come into effect.
- Staff spoke to a report about the future of long term care services. Council voted to defer a decision until the May 11 meeting to allow for more public engagement. The report recommends amalgamating all of the beds from Grey Gables and Rockwood Terrace, building a more care and cost efficient home in Durham, attracting assisted living services to Markdale, and hiring a management company to oversee long term care operations. Report
- Grey County will sponsor $4,000 to bring three World War One aircraft to the June 21 Canada 150 and Bruce County 150 celebration at the Saugeen Municipal Airport.
- Grey County will not proceed with signs identifying Grey Road 19 and Grey Road 2 as alternate routes for Highway 26. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.