Grey County Council met on Thursday, June 29 at 9:00 a.m. in the council chamber. The council meeting was followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council separated the long term care report from the Committee of the Whole minutes of May 25 and approved the rest of meeting minutes for May 25 and June 8. May 25 Council Minutes May 25 Committee Minutes June 8 Minutes
- Council approved the long term care redevelopment report in a recorded vote 50-37. The report was previously approved by Committee of the Whole on May 25. This formalizes the decision to move forward with plans for combining the beds from Grey Gables and Rockwood Terrace into a new 166-bed facility in Durham. Report
Committee of the Whole
- Council approved grants in lieu of development charges for 22 units of affordable housing by the Owen Sound Housing Company and 2 units of affordable housing by Grey Bruce Habitat for Humanity. Report
- Council received the long term care case mix index report. This index determines how funding is distributed to the nursing envelope. Report
- Council received the 2017/2018 Quality Improvement Plans for long term care. Report
- Council approved extensions for two draft development plans. One plan is in Blue Mountain and one is in Georgian Bluffs. Report 1 Report 2
- Council received the Cultivate Grey and Move Grey discussion papers. These papers break down the findings of Recolour Grey into five key themes. Three more papers will be presented to Council in July. Report Move Grey Cultivate Grey
- Council received an update about the Movin’GB Rural Transportation Pilot. Grey County will continue to work with Home and Community Support Services and other partners to expand this project. Report
- Council received a report explaining increased provincial support for children’s services. Report
- Council ratified a collective agreement with UNIFOR for staff at Rockwood Terrace. Report
- Grey County will participate in the Waterfront Regeneration Trust which will create a trail on roads along the waterfront of Georgian Bay. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.