Grey County Council met virtually on Thursday, June 11 at 9:30 a.m. for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the May 28 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the April 24 Board of Health meetings. It was noted that Public Health has experienced around $250,000 extra costs to due to COVID-19. Regular Meeting Special Meeting
Committee of the Whole
- Council voted to establish an Agricultural Advisory Committee. This committee will support communications between the farming community and County Councillors. A Terms of Reference will be prepared for council’s consideration.
- Council met Grey County’s new Museum Manager, Jill Paterson, and heard an outlook about what the rest of the year at Grey Roots Museum and Archives might look like. Grey Roots has been closed since the middle of March due to COVID-19. A phased reopening is expected early in the fall. Staff are developing return to work plans to ensure visitors and employees are safe when doors reopen. Large-scale events are expected to be cancelled for the rest of the year but regular visitation is expected to return. Report Presentation
- CAO Kim Wingrove outlined a return to work plan for staff at the Grey County Administration Building. It’s expected more staff could return to work in the building by July with doors opening to the public later in the year. Safety measures will be in place to ensure physical distancing is achieved and other personal protective items, such as face coverings and hand sanitizer, will be readily available. Report
- Grey County is moving forward with organizational reviews of the human resource and finance functions with support from provincial modernization funding. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.