Grey County Council met virtually on June 10, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the May 27, 2021 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council received for information the Board of Health minutes dated April 23, 2021, the Board of Health Special Meeting minutes dated April 28, 2021 and May 12, 2021 and the Board of Health Executive meeting minutes dated May 7, 2021 and May 10, 2021.
Committee of the Whole
- Council received and approved the 2020 Draft Grey County Audited Financial Statements and Year-end Report.
- Council heard an updated presentation outlining the Grey Bruce Health Services Markdale Hospital Project’s history from Gary Sims, President and Chief Executive Officer and VP Performance & Financial Strategy, CFO John Kurvink. Warden Hicks virtually presented a cheque of $780,000 representing the final installment of Grey County’s $1,000,000 funding commitment to the new Centre Grey Hospital in Markdale.
- Council heard a presentation from the Centre Grey Hospital Foundation. The Foundation requested an additional contribution from Grey County of $150,000. The request was referred to Grey County’s Health Care Funding Task Force for consideration in the 2022 budget discussions.
- Council received the following consent agenda items:
- The application for a Minor Exemption under the County’s Forest Management By-law for Lot 10, Range 7 EGR.
- The Community Connection Letter dated May 29, 2021 and the South Georgian Bay Shelter Feasibility Study Report dated April 6, 2021.
- Council received a Report Addendum to PDR-CW-08-21 Hilton Head Heights Condominium 42CDM-2020-07. Council approved the draft plan consisting of thirty-three (33) single detached lots/units on lands described as 408 Ridge Road, in the Town of Meaford, Municipality of Meaford; subject to the conditions set out in the Notice of Decision.
- Council received Report CCR-CW-05-21 regarding the establishment of a Development Charges Appeal Hearing Process. Council established an ad hoc hearing committee to adjudicate a formal complaint under the Development Charges Act made on May 10, 2021.
- A new Community Safety and Well-Being Plan Municipal Agreement between the Corporation of the County of Grey and the Corporation of the County of Bruce and the sixteen participating lower tier municipalities was received and endorsed by Council. Grey County’s Director of Social Services Barb Fedy was reappointed as the County of Grey’s representative as well as at the Steering Committee.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.