Grey County Council met on Thursday, July 12 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of this meeting can be found on the County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the June 28 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the July 4 Long-Term Care Committee of Management Meeting. Minutes
- Council received the June 22 Board of Health report. Report
- Grey County discussed options for entering into a long-term care management contract with Sienna Senior Living. Sienna can help Grey County provide high-quality care to meet increasingly complex needs of residents and changing long-term care regulations. Council will review the draft by-law and agreement at its next meeting. Report
Committee of the Whole
- Council heard a delegation about the Getting Ahead Graduate program which helps participants develop their skills and plan for their future success by connecting them with resources in the community. Grey County has been investing in the program since 2009. The 8-week program culminates with a graduation ceremony. There have been 196 graduates from the program to date.
- Council approved the resubmission of a plan of subdivision for Boulter Estates in the Georgian Bluffs. Report Presentation
- Council awarded a tender on for bathroom renovations in the 56-unit social housing apartment building in Owen Sound. Report
- Grey County will participate in the Ontario Good Roads Association’s preferred autonomous vehicle routes initiative. By participating Grey County can provide input from a rural lens as the project progresses. Report
- Council received the quarterly purchasing report. Report
Good News and Celebrations
- Harbourfest is this weekend in Owen Sound and lots of activities are planned.
- It’s the Art Festival in Durham this weekend. Arts and crafts will be on display on the main street and there will be a dance.
- The Grey Roots antique car show is this Sunday.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.