Grey County Council met on Thursday, January 23 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the January 9 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the January 14 Long-Term Care Committee of Management meeting. Minutes
- Council accepted a motion appointing the Warden as an ex-officio member of the Board of Health.
Committee of the Whole
- Council received the Community Safety and Well-Being Plan update and agreement. A by-law will be brought forward to confirm the agreement between Grey County, Bruce County and sixteen participating local municipalities. Report
- Council approved minor updates to the Official Plan. These “housekeeping amendments” wi correct some minor discrepancies that were found after the Official Plan was approved last year. Report
- Council directed staff to move forward with drafting a new Forest Management By-Law. This by-law promotes sustainable forest management and regulates tree harvest and clearing in the entire county. Grey County will begin a public consultation process and will work closely with local municipalities. Report
- Council ratified a collective agreement with Social Services staff represented by OPSEU. Report
Good News and Celebrations
- Affordable housing funding was announced at Odawa Heights on Friday, January 17. More than $6.2 million was committed to support around 54 new units. The build is a project of the Owen Sound Housing Company.
- Tonight (January 23) is TC Energy’s third public information centre about the proposed pump storage station in the Municipality of Meaford. The event starts at 6 p.m.
- Grey Highlands had a successful Mayor’s Levee on January 11.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.