Grey County Council met virtually on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the December 10 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
Committee of the Whole
- Council received a deputation from Jim Torrance of the Blue Mountain Ratepayers Association. The ratepayers encourage Grey County to consider cooperative service models with local municipalities, that benefit all municipalities. Presentation Position Paper
- Council received the ‘Living on Main Street’ report prepared by students from the University of Toronto. This report highlights opportunities for revitalization of downtowns. It will be used to inform future planning and economic development policies and programs. Report
- Council approved directing $433,900 from the Social Services Relief Fund to support vulnerable people in the County. $355,000 will be directed to Lutheran Social Services, $240,000 to the Women’s Shelter Grey Bruce, and $120,000 to Maam Wiim Win Native Homes. Report
- Grey County has been approved for two long-term care redevelopment and expansion projects. Council discussed the terms of reference for the new Long-Term Care Redevelopment Planning Task Force and appointed the following members: Warden Selwyn Hicks, Councillor Milne, Councillor O’Leary, Councillor Robinson, Councillor McQueen, Councillor Burley. Report
- Council briefly discussed a motion from the December 15 Affordable Housing Task Force meeting. The task force has recommended Council support a 1% budget increase dedicated to increasing affordable housing access in Grey County. The decision will be debated at the budget meeting on January 29 as part of the 2021 budget. Minutes
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.