Grey County Council met on Thursday, January 12, at 9:00 a.m. in the Council Chamber. The council meeting was followed by a session of Committee of the Whole.
For the next six months Grey County is testing a committee of the whole meeting structure in place of the former standing committee model. Highlights of the meetings are below.
- Council approved previous meeting minutes from the joint Grey and Bruce Council meeting in November, the November 22 and December 8 Council meetings and the Board of Health Minutes from October and November. Details
Committee of the Whole
Reports presented during Committee of the Whole are discussed by all members of Grey County Council for direction and endorsement. Resolutions passed at Committee of the Whole will be presented at the next session of Grey County Council where they will be formally endorsed and come into effect.
- The Ontario Small Urban Municipalities conference is in Blue Mountains this year. The Committee endorsed providing $3,000 to support the conference. Report
- The County is projecting a year-end surplus of approximately $1.5 million in 2016, or a 2016 budget variance of 0.85%. Funds will be directed to reserves. Committee also discussed projects budgeted to occur in 2016 that have been delayed and will be now completed in 2017. Report
- Committee endorsed revisions to a subdivision plan in Grey Highlands near the Beaver Valley Ski Club. Report
- The Province is committed to denying license plate renewals as a way for municipalities to collect unpaid Highway Traffic Act fines. Unpaid fines are a “one billion dollar problem” in Ontario. Grey County will forward comments on the proposed changes. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.