Grey County Council met on Thursday, December 20 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of this meeting can be found on the County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the November 22, County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings and the December 4 inaugural meeting. Council Committee Inaugural
Committee of the Whole
- Grey County will issue a request for proposal for municipal general insurance in 2019 to see if coverage can be provided at a lower rate. Report
- Grey County will move forward in collaboration with the Municipality of Southgate to create a new EarlyON Child and Family Centre space in Dundalk. Grey County will enter into an agreement with the Township of Southgate to develop the space at the Dundalk arena using $300,000 in provincial capital funding. Report
- Staff highlighted shortage of early childhood educators in the area and across the province. A project to renovate space in the recently purchased Sydenham School to support an EarlyON centre, licensed childcare spaces and offer enhancements to early childhood education program in partnership with Georgian College will proceed, pending confirmation of provincial funding. Report
- Grey County will hold a long-term care redevelopment education and training session in January to provide a chronological review of reports and information shared around long-term care.
- Councillor Paul McQueen provided two notices of motion regarding long-term care redevelopment to come forward to the January 24 Committee of the Whole meeting for discussion.
Each year Council appoints members to sit on various advisory committees and boards. Below are the board appointments for 2019:
Other Good News and Celebrations
- Warden Hicks represented the County at the Chatsworth Santa Claus Parade this past weekend.
- Warden Hicks joined more than 2,100 attendees at the Moreston by Candlelight event over the weekend and encouraged councillors to attend the event next year.
- Essery Silk, an Irish dancer from Meaford, placed first in under-seven category at the OIREACHTAS Eastern Canada Regional Championships and qualified for the North American Irish Dance Championships in June.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.