Grey County Council met on Thursday, December 14 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council adopted the minutes of the November 23 county council and committee of the whole meetings the Dec. 5 inaugural meeting. Nov. 23 Council Nov. 23 Committee Dec. 5 Inaugural
- Council received the October 27 Board of Health minutes and the board report. Minutes Report
- Grey County will send a response letter to resident Mr. Darrin Patey regarding his long-term care proposal to move beds from Lee Manor to Grey Gables. Staff have confirmed with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care that the beds for the behavioural support unit coming to Lee Manor will come from reclassification of existing long-term care beds on a two year pilot basis. New beds are not available to move. Report
Committee of the Whole
- Council heard an update from the Community Drug and Alcohol Strategy (formerly the Crystal Meth Task Force). The task force has a new mandate that will broaden the conversation around mental addiction and substance abuse. Council also heard an update about opioid use in Ontario and locally. Presentation
- The Province is providing new funding under the Social Housing Apartment Improvement Program (SHAIP) for repairs and retrofits to social housing. Parkway Apartments is Grey County’s only building that qualifies for funding. Grey County will make an application for repairs and retrofitting. Report
- Grey County will add additional warning signs to sections of Grey Road 119 to alert drivers to lower their speeds in areas with steep hills. Report
- Resident Mr. Crocker spoke to council and asked that the public be involved in the creation of a haul route for the proposed Bumstead Pit.
- Resident Mr. Celhoffer spoke to council and asked for Grey County to participate in the OMB Pit appeal.
- Grey County will support an Official Plan amendment being brought forward to the Ontario Municipal Board about a gravel pit in the Township of Chatsworth, pending a haul route plan. Grey County will not participate in the appeal hearing. Report Presentation
- Grey County opposed an amendment to the Official Plan regarding a proposed development in West Grey due to safety concerns and other conflicts. Report
- Council deferred proposed changes to the procedural by-law that regulates meeting procedures. These changes relate to Bill 68 and the County’s shift to the Robert’s Rules of Order meeting structure. The report will be discussed again at the next committee of the whole meeting. Report
- Council appointed members to sit on committees and boards for 2018. Report
- Grey County extended its agreement with Home and Community Support Services for the operation of the rural transportation project. Staff provided an update of where the project is at currently and future plans. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.