Grey County Council met on Thursday, December 12 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber for the regular session of council. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole. A recording of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the November 28 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the December 3 inaugural meeting. Minutes
- Council accepted the minutes of the October 25 Board of Health meeting and the November Board Report. Minutes Report
- Council discussed council portal access for alternate councillors. A report was requested from staff.
Committee of the Whole
- Last November, County Council supported the idea of developing a regional agricultural learning and demonstration site beside Grey Roots Museum & Archives in partnership with the Owen Sound and Chatsworth Agricultural Societies. Council supported a draft memorandum of understanding with the societies and land donors Mr. and Mrs. Hall. Staff have drafted a Niagara Escarpment Plan Amendment which will be submitted early in 2020. Report
- Council heard a presentation from Christopher Mercanti of Bruce Power.
- Grey County is responsible for planning and managing licensed child care, including special needs resourcing. Consultants presented findings from a recent review of services and shared recommendations to streamline the delivery of these services.
- Grey County will help Georgian College create a one-year contract position to focus on welcoming new international students to the campus and helping them settle in the community and find employment. Report
- Over the past two years, private sector entrepreneurs have been donating funds to Grey County to advance entrepreneurial support services in the region. These funds will be used to license Innovation Guelph’s Fast Lane Plus program. These resources will be used by the newly formed Catapult Grey Bruce business generator that will operate out of the Sydenham Campus. Report
- Council approved going to tender for scheduled projects at the Sydenham Campus prior to 2020 budget approval. Completing work before March 31 will make Grey County eligible for a Provincial funding program. Report
- Grey County will begin loaning out Public Access Defibrillators for large events and gatherings. Council approved spending an additional $9,300 annually to streamline the monitoring of Public Access Defibrillator batteries and pads at locations around the County. This will help ensure they are in working order when needed in an emergency. Report
- Grey County’s community paramedicine home visitation program is receiving more funding. The program will soon be running seven days per week. Report
- Council approved a plan of subdivision for 33 residential units in Kilsyth. Report
- Grey County approved a minor exemption to clear two pockets of forest on a property in Southgate. Report
- Council approved an update to the corporate purchasing policy. Report
- Council approved appointments for various sub committees and task forces. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.