Grey County Council met on Thursday, August 10 at 9:30 a.m. in the council chambers. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council accepted the minutes of the July 27 council and committee of the whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the Board of Health minutes and board report. Highlights of the minutes include details about the opioid crisis and the replacement of the roof at Grey Bruce Public Health building. Minutes Report
Committee of the Whole
- Philip Englishman presented council with a lithograph from the Snowbirds event at the Saugeen Airport. Grey County supported this event.
- Councillor McQueen presented a motion about the election of the deputy warden by Grey County Council. Currently the deputy warden is the most immediate past warden. The motion was lost in a recorded vote.
- Councillor Halliday presented a motion to reconsider resolution CC31-17-Long Term Care Redevelopment so an amendment could be included to add more requirements in the request for proposal for the management company. The motion required two-thirds support from council and was defeated.
- Councillor Fosbrooke presented a motion asking staff to research best practices for making presentations to council and committee of the whole publicly available. The motion carried in a recorded vote.
- Grey County Tourism staff updated council on the current #ColourItYourWay campaign and shared a new resource supporting the county brand.The Live Grey and Natural Grey discussion papers were received. These are the final discussion papers of Recolour Grey, the County’s update of the Grey County Official Plan. Grey County will be holding public meetings in each local municipality this summer and early fall to collect more feedback on these papers. Live Grey Natural Grey
- An official plan amendment was supported to allow for a metal fabricating and paint shop in the municipality of West Grey. Report
- As part of Ontario’s Poverty Reduction Strategy, Grey County is sampling parts of the area to measure homelessness and create a plan for local homelessness prevention in the area. Report
- Council received the 2018 Response Time Plan for paramedic services. Report
- Council amended the Long-Term Care Committee of Management minutes from August 1 to remove a reference to West Grey. Minutes
- Council directed staff to defer the release of the request for proposal for the long term care management company until it has been reviewed and approved by committee of the whole.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.