UPDATED: April 25
The Grey Bruce Public Health has declared the Respiratory Outbreak (Rhinovirus-common cold) over on Maple Lane. We would like to thank Grey Bruce Public Health for their assistance in managing the outbreak. The Grey Gables teamwork has been amazing, and I thank you all for your dedication and commitment. The team was able to quickly identify symptoms, and contain the outbreak to prevent further spread.
Our focus continues to be the safety of our residents, families, and staff. Infection prevention and control measures remain in place. We will continue with the following protocols:
- Hand Hygiene Audits
- Daily Screening and Rapid Antigen Testing for all staff, students, support workers, volunteers, Designated Care Partners and indoor general visitors.
- Use of surgical masks remains a requirement for long term care homes.
Please continue to follow the 3 Ws: Wash your hands frequently; Watch your distance and, Wear masks correctly. If you require additional information, please contact the home at 519-986-3010.
On April 19 Public Health declared a Respiratory Outbreak on Maple Lane at Grey Gables. There are 3 residents experiencing symptoms, they are isolating and receiving care. Test results have returned negative for COVID-19, and the virus has been identified as Rhinovirus (common cold).
We have activated our outbreak protocols and the following enhancements are in place to help manage the situation:
- Enhanced infection prevention and control measures are in place.
- In-room dining service has been implemented for symptomatic residents.
- Only 1 Designated Care Partner visit at a time per resident on Maple Lane.
- General visits are suspended on Maple Lane during the outbreak.
- Maple Lane Staff and Designated Care Partners have transitioned to N95 masks and eye protection.
We are working with Public Health and monitoring the situation closely. Thank you for your patience as we work to contain the outbreak.