Respiratory outbreak Declared at Rockwood Terrace
On September 25, Public Health has declared a respiratory outbreak on the 2nd floor home area at Rockwood Terrace. There are currently four residents experiencing respiratory symptoms. They are isolating and receiving care. Roommates and high-risk contacts are being closely monitored. Rapid antigen test results have returned negative for COVID-19. Additional test results are pending to confirm the agent.
We are working with our Public Health partners and closely monitoring the situation. Outbreak protocols and the following enhancements are in place to help manage the outbreaks:
- Increased surveillance and enhanced infection prevention and control measures.
- Infection prevention and control audits, and hand hygiene audits.
- All staff are following respiratory outbreak protocols and wearing the appropriate PPE as required.
- Universal masking has been implemented for all staff and visitors on the 2nd floor.
- General visitors are limited to 1 per resident on the 2nd floor.
- Residents in isolation are limited to 1 Designated Care Partner.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents, families, and staff is our focus. As a reminder, please refrain from visiting the home if you are feeling unwell. If you require additional information, please contact the home at 519-369-6035.