Respiratory Outbreak declared at Lee Manor on 3 South
July 18, 2023 - We are pleased to report the respiratory outbreak on the 3 South home area at Lee Manor has been declared over. We thank our team members for their continued dedication to the safety and well-being of our residents. The team quickly identified symptoms and prevented further spread using ongoing infection prevention and control measures. We truly appreciate the support from our designated care partners and families, and are thankful for the assistance of Grey Bruce Public Health in managing the outbreak.
Visiting has now resumed to all home areas. As a reminder, please do not visit the home if you are feeling unwell. If you require additional information, please contact the home at 519-376-4420.
July 10, 2023 - On July 9, Public Health declared a respiratory outbreak on the 3 South home area. There are currently three residents experiencing symptoms. Two test results have returned identifying the agent as rhinovirus (common cold), with one result pending. All symptomatic residents are isolating and receiving care.
We are working with our Public Health partners to manage the outbreak. The home has activated their outbreak protocols and the following enhancements are in place to help manage the outbreak:
- Increased surveillance, and enhanced infection prevention and control measures.
- Infection prevention & control audits, and hand hygiene audits.
- Universal masking (wearing masks at all times) has been implemented for all staff on the affected home area. All staff are following respiratory outbreak protocols and wearing the appropriate PPE as required.
- Visiting is reduced to (1) Designated Care Partner (DCP) per visit for residents in isolation on the outbreak home area. Residents who are not in isolation but live on an outbreak home area may have a general visitor or DCP, (1) per visit.
- DCPs and general visitors are required to wear their masks at all times during their visit on the affected home area.
Our focus remains the safety and wellbeing of our residents, families, and staff. As a reminder, if you are feeling unwell, please refrain from visiting the home. If you require additional information, please contact the home at 519-376-4420.