Due to potential Canada Post mail disruptions and backlogs, Ontario Works benefit cheques for December will not be mailed. Grey County residents who receive Ontario Works benefits need to pick up their cheque at the office where they regularly see their caseworker. Benefit statements for those who receive their payment by direct deposit will still be sent by mail as normal.
This includes the following locations:
- Durham Satellite Office – 575 Saddler Street West, Durham
- Hanover Satellite Office – 286 10th Street, Hanover
- Markdale Satellite Office – 206 Toronto Street South, Markdale
- Meaford Satellite Office – Victoria Village Resource Centre, Unit 3, 80 Victoria Street, Meaford
- County of Grey Administration Building – 595 9th Street East, Owen Sound
Staff will be available Thursday November 29th and Friday November 30th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Those who wish to confirm their location or who cannot get to their pick-up location should call 1-800-567-4739, press 1, and following the prompts to speak to their caseworker.
Recipients should be prepared to show photo ID when picking up their cheque.
For more information, visit the County of Grey website at www.grey.ca or call 1‑800‑567‑4739.