Lee Manor Gastrointestinal Outbreak Declared 3 North Home Area
On February 7th, Public Health declared a Gastrointestinal outbreak on the 3 North home area at Lee Manor. There are currently four residents experiencing symptoms, and they are isolating and receiving care. Roommates and high-risk contacts are also in isolation and are being closely monitored.
The 2 South home area is also operating with outbreak protocols due to a suspect COVID-19 outbreak that was declared on February 2nd.
We are working with our Public Health partners and closely monitoring the situation. Enhanced infection control protocols are in place. We are taking the following steps in response to the outbreak:
- Increased surveillance and enhanced infection prevention and control measures, along with Infection prevention and control audits and hand hygiene audits.
- All staff are following outbreak protocols and are wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- All staff and visitors on the 2 South home area are required to wear N95 masks and eye protection.
- Universal masking (surgical mask) is required for all staff and visitors in other home areas.
- Residents in isolation are limited to 1 Designated Care Partner (DCP).
The safety and wellbeing of our residents, families, and staff is our focus. As a reminder, please refrain from visiting the home if you are feeling unwell. If you require additional information, please contact the home at 519-376-4420.