The COVID-19 Outbreak was declared over on April 29.
On April 12, 2022, Public Health declared a COVID-19 Outbreak at Lee Manor on 2 North. As of today, Thursday, April 14, 2022 Lee Manor home area 2 North remains in COVID-19 Outbreak. There is one additional resident showing symptoms. They are isolating and being swabbed today for COVID. 2 North Staff testing was started yesterday and will be completed today.
So far, a total of 27 staff results have been received. Long-term care staff at Lee Manor are seeing a very quick turn around with results. Residents of 2 North will be re-swabbed today as part of the outbreak investigation and management.
In summary, the situation today is:
- 4 active resident cases. These residents are being cared for and health status monitored by the care team and are doing well. Families are receiving daily updates from the home by telephone.
- 3 positive staff for COVID – public health is determining if they are linked to the outbreak, however, with so much community exposure this is difficult to determine.
- Outbreak meetings will continue throughout the weekend with leadership support.
- Staffing levels are strained. We are grateful for the commitment of the team members who are going above and beyond to provide care to our residents. We are also grateful for the Designated Care Partners who are also supporting their loved one.
- Designated Care Partners on 2 North are required to wear N95 masks and eye protection.
- All General Visits to residents of 2 North are suspended.
- Do not visit the home if you are feeling unwell.