On June 9, Grey County is holding a public meeting to discuss the use of ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) on many County Roads and on more sections of the CP Rail Trail. Participants will learn more about the requests and will have the opportunity to voice their opinions. The meeting will be held on Thursday, June 9th at 7:00 p.m. at the Grey County Administration Building in Owen Sound.
The South Bruce Peninsula ATV Club is requesting permission to allow ATVs to use the following County Roads within the City of Owen Sound and Georgian Bluffs:
- Grey Road 17B from 10th Street to Highway 6
- Grey Road 15/3rd Avenue from the CP Trail to 6th Street East
- Grey Road 5/8th Street from CP Rail Trail down to 2nd Avenue, past Harrison Park to Concession 3 in the Geographic Township of Derby, Township of Georgian Bluffs
- Grey Road 1 from 10th Street to Wiarton
- Grey Road 16 to by-pass Owen Sound
The Dufferin Grey ATV Club is requesting permission to allow ATVs to use the following County Roads:
- Grey Road 3 from Grey Road 9 to Grey Road 4
- Grey Road 4 from Baseline to West Back Line (Grey Highlands) and from Concession 1 to Concession 2 (West Grey)
- Grey Road 7 from Grey Road 13 to Sideroad 10B (Grey Highlands) and from 7 Sideroad to Town of Meaford limits (Meaford)
- Grey Road 8 from Southgate Road 8 to Grey Road 9
- Grey Road 9 from Grey Road 14 to Highway 10 (Southgate) and from Grey Road 3 to Highway 6 (West Grey)
- Grey Road 12 from 10 Sideroad to Town of Meaford limits (Meaford) and from West Back Line to Sideroad 22A (Grey Highlands)
- Grey Road 13 from 8th Concession to Grey Road 7 (Grey Highlands)
- Grey Road 29 from Sideroad 25 to Holland-Sydenham Townline (Chatsworth)
- Grey Road 31 from 8th Concession B to Collingwood Road (Grey Highlands)
- Grey Road 32 from Johnston’s Sideroad to Grey Road 30 (Grey Highlands)
- Grey Road 112 from Grey Road 12 to 25 Sideroad (Meaford)
Maps of the proposed routes can be found attached to the Public Meeting Notice published online at www.grey.ca.
The Dufferin Grey ATV Club is also requesting Grey County to allow ATVs on the CP Rail Trail from Sunny Valley Road to 20th Street East, Owen Sound, and to allow side-by-sides on the trail. ATVs are already permitted on some sections of the CP Rail Trail.
Anyone who can’t make it to the meeting can send email their comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Randy Scherzer, Director of Planning and Community Development, at email@example.com or 519‑372‑0219 ext. 1237.