Grey County is collaborating with Regional Tourism Organization 7 (RT07) and neighbouring municipalities to administer the COVID-19 Tourism Response Fund. Eligible tourism operators can apply for support ranging from $2,500 to $20,000 to offset the high costs of adapting to changing health and safety requirements during the pandemic. Applications are open until January 31, 2021 and can be found online at RT07.ca.
Staff from Grey County and RT07 will also be hosting a webinar to discus the COVID-19 Tourism Response Fund on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 7:00 PM. Participants are required to register in advance through www.Grey.ca.
To be eligible, businesses must be a small-to medium-sized enterprise (1-99 employees) or a not-for-profit enterprise or Indigenous organization/community, and must qualify as one of the following types of tourism operators:
- Accommodation (hotels, motels, resorts, campgrounds and recreational vehicle facilities)
- Recreation and entertainment (zoos, museums, theatres, sports facilities, amusement parks, government parks, heritage sites, hunting, fishing or outdoor adventure outfitters, casinos)
- Food and beverage services (restaurants from fast service to fine dining, as well as pubs, nightclubs, cruise ships and convention centres)
- Travel service (retail travel agencies, wholesale tour companies, corporate offices with their own booking divisions)
- Transportation (companies that provide transport by air, land or water, and include airlines, bus companies, taxi companies, ferry services and cruise ships)
- Not-for-profit enterprises and Indigenous organizations/communities that support tourists
- Retail stores heavily dependent on tourism may also be considered.
Full eligibility details can be found online at RT07.ca.
For media inquiries, contact Rob Hatten, Communications Manager, at email@example.com or 519-373-1592.