Grey County EarlyON Child and Family Centres are preparing to reopen for in-person programming starting this fall. Plans for individual centres will be released throughout September, and centres will be reopening as they are able based on location requirements and required changes to health and safety measures.
Availability of in-person programming will vary by centre, but all centres will have additional health and safety measures in place, including the following:
- Screening will be required for all participants prior to entry into programs.
- All programs will require pre-registration. Drop-in programs have been cancelled until further notice.
- Masks are required inside all indoor EarlyON spaces.
- Staff will be wearing medical masks and eye protection during programs.
- There are new limits on the number of participants in order to adhere to physical distancing requirements.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces and toys will take place.
While EarlyON educators are excited to welcome back families, they understand many visitors may be unable or unwilling to resume in-person visits. Virtual programming will continue and EarlyON staff are available to connect through email or over the phone.
For details on reopening dates for individual centres, please check the EarlyON online calendar at https://www.grey.ca/childrens-services/early-on or visit the centre’s Facebook page.