ELMWOOD, ON (September 28, 2016) – Grey County and Bruce County proudly hosted a Fall 2016 Canadian Municipal Housing Corporation (CMHC) Affordable Housing Symposium on September 28 in Elmwood. Participants learned about innovative ways to address the current and future needs of affordable housing in Grey and Bruce.
The Affordable Housing panel discussed the importance of partnerships and collaboration when creating and retaining new housing. The panel included:
- Ken Thomson, Owen Sound Municipal Non-Profit
- Matt Schute, Hope Grey Bruce Supportive Housing and a private developer
- Joan Chamney, YMCA Outreach program
- Vernon Martin, Private Sector Developer
The Supportive Services panel shared unique initiatives that bring services to people where they need them. This panel included:
- Sandy Shears and Lisa Nickle, Waltenburgh - VON Supportive Housing
- Richard Trombley, Grey County Paramedic Services - Bruce Grey Pilot Project (CHAPS EMS)
- Amanda McManaman, Bruce Health Unit - Above Standard Housing
The event was well received and participants were pleased with the engaging presentations, networking opportunities and informative information received.