Economic Development Viewer
This web GIS application helps visualize current and future socio- economic trends in the County of Grey and the County of Bruce. It presents geoenriched Census data acquired from ESRI & Environics Analytics, tied to Statistics Canada’s Census Dissemination Areas. The data includes categories such as age, education, housing, income, employment, marital status, population, households and spending. The app also includes pre-configured charts to help see patterns and trends in a more detailed and customized manner.
For more information about how the demographics data has been calculated, please visit http://doc.arcgis.com/en/esri-demographics/data/canada.htm
Business Visitation Program
Each month a group of elected officials and municipal staff visit a local business in Grey County to tour the facility to learn more about how they operate, their successes and the challenges they face. The program is an ongoing component of the “Made in Grey” County Economic Development Strategy.
“Made in Grey” County Economic Development Strategy gets County Council Stamp of Approval
Grey County is “Open for Business.” That’s the long-term vision of the “Made in Grey” County Economic Development Strategy approved by County Council on April 7.
The strategy was presented to Grey County Council on Tuesday and is centered on working closely with local municipalities and business partners to create a positive environment for businesses and investors. It will help guide policies and decisions at the County in the coming years.
Grey County Business Profiles
The Grey County Advantage – Opportunity Lives Here!
Our unique value proposition makes Grey County a smart choice for your business. We combine all the amenities that a business needs to prosper with an unbeatable quality of life.
Key Reasons to choose Grey County:
- Transportation Connections – Access to Southern Ontario, Canadian and North American Markets
- Cost Advantage – Competitive wage costs, low employee turnover and reasonable municipal tax rates
- Ready for Business – Available Industrial and Commercial buildings and land
- Skilled Labour Force – Higher than average technical trades skills
- A Culture of Entrepreneurism – Strong growth rate among small and medium businesses
- Superior Quality of Life – A rural, active community with arts, culture and four season recreation offerings