Long Term Care
Grey County operates three long-term care homes across the County; Grey Gables in Markdale, Lee Manor in Owen Sound and Rockwood Terrace in Durham.
We are passionate about providing the highest quality service for our residents and each home is dedicated to ensuring that Grey County’s tagline – “Colour It Your Way” is the foundation of all care and service. We collaborate with those who live and work in our homes, our volunteers, families and community partners to provide care and service that focus on optimizing life purpose.
We strive every day to enrich the quality of life for residents by providing exceptional care and service. Our mission “to help you colour your life your way” sets the standard for the values within each home. We commit to “Colour It” through:
- Organizational Quality and Safety
- U are the Centre of All We Do
- Together for Tomorrow
Frequently Asked Questions
Your local Community Care Access Centre will assess your needs and manage the application process. To find more information visit their website: http://healthcareathome.ca/ call 310-CCAC (2222).
The following services are available in a long-term care home:
- 24-hour nursing and personal care
- Access to a variety of health professionals.
- Nutritious meals and snacks (including special diets)
- Social and recreational programs
- Assistance with personal care
- Housekeeping and laundry service
There are also a variety of optional services available at an additional cost, such as hairdressing, dentist, foot care, cable TV, telephone and transportation.
There is a variety of private and shared rooms. If you like having your own space, a private room might be your preference. Private rooms are more spacious than shared ones.
If you enjoy having a roommate, a shared room may suit. Shared rooms are more affordable. There are two types of shared rooms: semi-private and basic.
We provide bedroom furnishings including a bed, bedside table and chair and all linens.
We encourage residents to bring pictures and other personal items. If you are unsure whether a personal item will fit safely in the room, please speak with a member of the leadership team before you make arrangements to have it moved in.
Please contact the home directly.
- Grey Gables Group_GreyGablesResidentEmail [at] grey.ca (Group_GreyGablesResidentEmail[at]grey[dot]ca) / 519-986-3010
- Lee Manor Resident.LeeManor [at] grey.ca (Resident[dot]LeeManor[at]grey[dot]ca) / 519-376-4420
- Rockwood Terrace RockwoodResidentEmails [at] grey.ca (RockwoodResidentEmails[at]grey[dot]ca) / 519-369-6035
For more information contact ltcfeedback [at] grey.ca (ltcfeedback[at]grey[dot]ca).