Short-Term Shelter Program
The Short-Term Shelter Program helps those who are experiencing homelessness Grey County. Individuals or families who enroll in the program will connect with a coordinator to assess needs.
How to Apply
To contact the Short-Term Shelter Program, call 2-1-1. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Alternate contact channels include:
- Calling Grey County Housing directly at 519-376-5744 (regular business hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. excluding holidays).
- Texting the Short-Term Shelter Program at 226-407-4996 during business hours (same as above).
- Emailing the Short-Term Shelter Program at STSP [at] grey.ca (STSP[at]grey[dot]ca).
- Visiting the Grey County Administration Building (595 9th Avenue East, Owen Sound) OR Grey County Social Services Satellite Office (286 10th Street, Hanover, ON)
- Speaking with a support worker in the community and asking for help.
How it Works
A Grey County coordinator will support clients in finding safe, short-term housing options. If there are no safe options available, short-term shelter may be provided in a local motel.
Coordinators will continue to work with clients to ensure their needs are met and to create a plan for finding stable housing. On-site support services may also be provided as needed.
For more information about the Short-Term Shelter Program, call 519-376-5744 or email STSP [at] grey.ca (STSP[at]grey[dot]ca).