COVID-19 Emergency Child Care Program
The Emergency Child Care for Targeted Frontline Workers program is scheduled to end on Friday, January 14 and applications are now closed.
On January 3, 2022, the Province of Ontario announced the Emergency Child Care for Targeted Frontline Workers. The program is set to begin on January 10 and Grey County is working with child care operators to create additional spaces in support of families.
Eligibility and Application
The Ministry of Education is finalizing terms of the program; however, Grey County is opening the application process now to ensure families have time to apply for care.
Please be aware:
- Terms of the program, including eligibility, are not finalized and may be updated by the Ministry at any time.
- Application does not guarantee placement in emergency child care.
- Emergency Child Care spaces in our area are limited.
- Emergency Child Care spaces will be provided on a first come, first served basis for qualifying families, with prioritization for healthcare workers.
- All adults in a home must work outside of the home to qualify.
- Grey County child care staff are operating within the regulations provided to us by the Ministry of Education.
Please refer to Schedule 5 of O. Reg. 82/20: Rules for Areas in Shutdown Zone and at Step 1 for eligibility criteria. Be aware this criteria is subject to change. Details have not been finalized by the Ministry.
Thank you to all the Child Care providers for supporting our community during this challenging time.
Notice with Respect to the Collection of Personal Information
The personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for emergency child care. Questions relating to the collection of this information should be directed to the Children’s Services Program Manager at 519-376-7112 ext.1300.