Grey County Council met on Thursday, February 8 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council accepted the minutes of the January 25 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the January 28 Board of Health report and the minutes from the board meeting on December 15, 2017. Repot Minutes
- Councillor Clumpus announced an upcoming Mayor’s Forum at Meaford Hall on Friday, April 6, 8:30 to 4:00 to discuss attainable housing.
- CAO Wingrove shared news that Ag 4.0 was recognized with and Economic Developer’s Councillor of Ontario. Savanna Myers, Manager of Economic Development, also received the Young Influencer of the Year award. Story
Committee of the Whole
- Council learned about a new report by a provincial working group called Income Security: A Roadmap for Change. This report recommends several changes to improve support for people living in poverty. Some of these recommendations would impact social programs such as Ontario Works. Report
- Grey County supported an official plan amendment for a property in Georgian Bluffs. Report
- Council learned about plans for a proposed subdivision (8 detached homes) in Georgian Bluffs. The municipality will host a public meeting in the future. Report
- Council learned about a redline revision to a planned subdivision in Town of the Blue Mountains. The change relates to storm water management. The Town will host a public meeting in the future. Report
- Grey County has identified a need for a municipal drain near Keady to address ongoing water issues. Grey County will work with the Township of Chatsworth, Georgian Bluffs and local property owners to discuss the best solution and costs. More public consultation is required before any decisions are made. Report
- Road construction planned for Keady and Grey Road 16 will be delayed due to drainage concerns. Report
- The County will release a tender for paving on Grey Road 40 between the County Line and Desboro. Report
- Council accepted the January 24 Tourism Advisory Committee minutes. Minutes
- Council supported a decision to fund a tourism research project. Report
- Council accepted the January 30 Economic Development and Planning Advisory Committee minutes. Minutes
- Grey County will receive $127,000 from Home and Community Support Services to proceed with renovations at Lee Manor. Home and Community Support Services is a tenant at this location and requires more space. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.