Grey County Council met on Thursday, January 11 at 9:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers. The council meeting was immediately followed by a session of committee of the whole.
- Council adopted the minutes of the December 14 council and committee of the whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council adopted the minutes of the December 12 and January 4 Long-Term Care Committee of Management meetings. December 12 January 4
- Council received the Grey Bruce Health Unit Board Report from December 2017 and the minutes of the November 24 meeting. Report Minutes
Committee of the Whole
- Council supported a motion from Councillor Paterson requesting the 2018 budget be reduced down to 0.36%. This is to be achieved by funding budgeted projects using newly announced commuter cycling funding. The draft budget was approved by the committee and will be officially voted on as part of the minutes at the next Council meeting on January 25, 2018. Report
- A public tender will be issued to build a new paramedic services base in Chatsworth and make improvements to the existing transportation depot. Report
- Council heard a summary of the 2017 public school litter pick up program and approved changes to the procedure. Summary Report Procedure Report
- Council received the financial audit plan from BDO & Company LLP. The audit will be completed later in the spring. Report
- Council adopted an alternate member policy. This policy will allow local municipalities to designate a substitute council member to attend Grey County Council if one of their members cannot attend a meeting. Municipalities are not required to send an alternate. Report
- The County will renew its employee group benefits and workplace safety insurance. Group Benefits Report Insurance Report
- The County approved a revised plan of subdivision for a project in The Town of The Blue Mountains. Addendum Report
- Council reviewed and approved proposed changes to the Procedural By-law. Staff will bring back the updated by-law for council’s approval. Report
- Council supported a resolution from the Town of Lakeshore requesting the Province ease restrictions of surplus dwelling severances in areas zoned agriculture. Resolution
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.