The Grey Bruce Local Immigration Partnership brings together community partners who are invested in the successful integration of newcomers.
The region's largest job fair is expanding and moving online to safely connect employers and job seekers. We have welcomed new partners and sponsors to make this year’s event possible using the Brazen platform, an online event platform making it easy for you to create a profile and connect with employers across Grey and Bruce Counties. More than 120 employers are attending this year’s virtual event!
Registration is Required
Be sure to register before March 5, 2021 for this virtual event.
Top 10 Virtual Job Fair tips for job seekers
- Create a strong virtual profile. Ensure your resume is up to date.
- List the type of positions you’re looking for on your profile so it is easy for employers to find you as a candidate.
- Find out which employers are attending so you can spend your time wisely and speak with everyone you need to during the job fair. Research the company's websites and learn about the positions available.
- Prepare some talking points in advance. Virtual meetings usually last less than 10 minutes.
- Test out the platform, as well as your audio, visual and internet connection prior to the day of, to ensure everything is working well.
- Plan where you will be sitting in advance. Find a quiet spot with a neutral background and good lighting.
- Dress professionally. Even though you won’t be meeting employers in person, dress as you would for an in-person interview.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled meetings or interviews.
- Maintain eye contact and practice active listening. Try to smile and nod naturally as you would during an in-person conversation.
- Ask questions. It's the best way to show you are interested in the position and the company.