Welcome to Grey Gables
206 Toronto St South
Administrator: Jennifer Cornell
Long Term Care is Currently Accepting Resumes for:
PSW / RPN / RN / Cooks
Grey Gables is warm, open, personal and pleasant. Sixty-six residents call Grey Gables Home, living in private, semi-private and basic rooms. It is small enough to be intimate but large enough to provide a full range of programs and services.
At Grey Gables, we understand that each resident’s quality of life depends on an approach to care that combines resident and family members’ wishes with individual assessments from a team of trained caregivers. This approach ensures that support and care is tailored to meet the needs of each unique individual. Our staff includes registered nurses, registered practical nurses, personal support workers and therapy aides to help, support and care for our residents. An experienced administrative team supports all of our health care staff.
Residents are encouraged to bring small items such as bedspreads, pictures or knickknacks to personalize their rooms.
A home environment needs to be safe to feel secure so there are call bells at each bed, in each washroom and in all bathing spas. Our building is completely equipped with heat and smoke detectors.
- Registered nursing care 24 hours a day;
- A Medical Doctor who visits the home on a regular basis and is on call for residents requiring immediate care;
- Healthy living, recreational and socialization activities such as movies, baking, crafts and musical programs to provide entertainment and exercise;
- Nutritious meals with a dietitian on staff: Sample Menu
- A full range of services, both funded and non-funded, such as foot care, hairdressing, physiotherapy and dental care;
- A home-like setting, quality staff and a friendly atmosphere;
- Multi-denominational and spiritual services;
- Therapeutic programs;
- Resident e-mail is available for family contact. Address an e-mail to GreyGablesResident@grey.ca, insert resident name in Subject Line and when received, staff will print and deliver to the resident.
Making the decision to pursue a placement in long-term care can be a difficult process. Be assured that there are people along the way prepared to assist you. Applications for our home are done through your local Community Care Access Centre. We’re then happy to arrange a tour and answer the questions that are on your mind. You should know that your choices and preferences guide the process.
New rates are set annually based on changes in the payment entitlement for government pensions and the Notice of Assessment from the previous year. Rates are set by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
Our Long Term Care Service Accountability Agreement requires us to post a copy of it in a conspicuous and easily accessible space as well as on our public website: LTC Agreement - Grey Gables - L-SAA.