2023 Corporate Strategic Plan
Grey County provides programs and services to more than 100,000 full-time residents and thousands of seasonal residents, visitors and businesses across nine member municipalities. These numbers continue to grow as more and more people call Grey County home.
The 2023-2026 Grey County Strategic Plan will help set priorities for service delivery and investments into our community. This plan will guide Grey County Council and staff in making decisions and delivering services that help our community thrive and prosper.
What’s important to you?
These are the key priorities we’ve identified, but what’s most important to you? We want to hear from the community to understand what you’re looking for from Grey County services over the next four years.
Do we have it right? Is something missing? Complete our short survey and let us know.
Here’s what we do
As an ‘upper-tier’ municipality, Grey County is responsible for delivering a wide range of services to residents. Some, like road maintenance and land-use planning, are similar to services provided at the local level. Many County services, such as community services and long-term care, provide essential support for vulnerable people.
Some of the primary services provided by Grey County include:
- Construction, maintenance and snow removal on 877 km of County Roads and 192 bridges and structures.
- Providing care for 319 long-term care residents across three homes.
- Acting as a Municipal Service Manager responsible for providing the Ontario Works life stabilization programming.
- Maintaining 997 units of rent-geared-to-income housing and supporting 500+ units of non-profit housing.
- Overseeing the licensing of childcare centres and home-based childcare and providing resources to support early learning.
- Responding to nearly 30,000 Paramedic Services calls annually.
- Supporting local businesses and the regional economy through workforce attraction and retention, skills training, entrepreneur services, regional tourism and more.
Where we’re going
The 2023-2026 Corporate Strategic Plan process will identify key themes. Some theme areas for Council’s consideration include:
- Community Services and People
- Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change
- Infrastructure and Economy
- Service and Operational Excellence
The following table includes some specific action areas for the proposed themes:
Community Services and People
- Housing policies and programs
- Community paramedicine and supportive outreach
- Rockwood Terrace Campus of Care
- Mental Health and Addictions recommendations
- Age-friendly community action plan
- Local Immigration Partnership settlement strategy
- Supportive housing
Infrastructure and Economy
- Increasing housing supply
- Transportation master plan
- Replacing Patrol D transportation depot
- Climate Change Action Plan (sustainable Ag., local food, zero emission fleet, more)
- Paramedic base replacement
- Monitoring growth
- Regional Ag. Demonstration Site
- Asset management planning
Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change
- Climate Change Action Plan (afforestation, habitat and wetland protection, energy efficient retrofits, more)
- Sustainable tourism
- Conservation authority collaboration
- Water quality and protecting our lakes
- Forest management plan
Service and Operational Excellence
- Implementing departmental review recommendations
- Improving communications
- IT strategic plan implementation
- Collaborating with local municipalities
- Paramedic Services deployment study
- Long-Term Care operations
- Improving software to improve efficiencies and effectiveness